Rare chick assortment????

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by salt and pepper, Mar 21, 2013.

1. salt and pepper

salt and pepper Chillin' With My Peeps

What usually come is a rare breed assortment?? I'm really wanting some faverolles, polish, and silkies, but I'm not sure what's coming? Can some body give me an idea what to expect from their experience??

2. Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner Chicken Obsessed

Feb 2, 2009
    Northwest Arkansas
    I don’t know what hatchery you are getting them from. You can always call and ask them. They will know better than anyone on this forum.

What you will probably get is whatever is left over after specific breed orders are filled. They don’t know exactly how many Silkies, Polish, or anything else will hatch but they know they will have extras of some of these. So you will get whatever has a good hatch rate for that incubation cycle.

3. salt and pepper

salt and pepper Chillin' With My Peeps

Thank you, I'm hoping for some houdans, or polish. Do you have experience with these breeds? are they healthy? can't wait till wednesday!!

4. Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner Chicken Obsessed

Feb 2, 2009
    Northwest Arkansas
    No. I raise chickens for meat and eggs, not as pets. I stay away from the "rare" breeds that are mostly ornamental and stay with the dual purpose breeds.

Good luck with what you get.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by