Rare chicken breed that makes a good pet?

BantamFan4Life

LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO.
Premium Feather Member
9 Years
Jun 15, 2012
Pyeongtaek, South Korea
I LOVE raising rare chicken breeds and I really want one that makes a good pet and that I can come up to and pick them up without chasing and fighting them in the process.
I want one that Ideal Poultry sells because it doesn't have a minimum for chicks and are local farm store orders from that place too. Any suggetions??

Thanks!!!

Salmon Faverolles!!! I would consider them pretty rare, and they are super sweet, not to mention adorable! As for picking them up, all I have to do is walk over to mine and scoop her up :) They make great pets
lol.png
I believe Ideal carries them.

Last edited:
Silkies are by far the most pet-like chicken I have had. I can pick them up. They sit in my lap and on my shoulder and do not run away from me. My current hen follows me all the yard. I have to be careful not to step on her. I previously had a rooster and even he was incredibly sweet and just as easy to handle.

I am not sure what is considered rare but they do have them at ideal.

That's great- you won't regret it! :)

Silkies come in LF too, even if bantam silkies are common. So maybe you could get some of those too :)

Enjoy your birds!

Last edited:
Depends how they are rasied I'm a ffa member so after talk to many other members i found out how to raise them to b gentla

Salmon Faverolles!!! I would consider them pretty rare, and they are super sweet, not to mention adorable! As for picking them up, all I have to do is walk over to mine and scoop her up :) They make great pets
lol.png
I believe Ideal carries them.

Thanks! I think I'll be considering getting Faverolles next year! For the other post I'm kinda looking for large fowl not bantam.
Good choose, slow birds and love the chattiness

Back
Top Bottom