rare eggs- down the street!!!!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by klf73, Aug 8, 2008.

1. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    I called a gentleman that I googled from a pic of a breed I like since he was in the same state. He called me back this evening. He has La Fleche, Lakenvelder, Buff Catalana, Crevecoeur, std Salmon Faverolles, Houdan, Blue Andalusian, and Buff Orps. I said "too bad you don't have BC Marans" he said "my good friend down the street has those" [​IMG]
    So he will call me in a couple of days since he hasn't collected any eggs for hatching and will give me directions so I can go pick up my La Fleche dozen for $8 [​IMG] . This guy has been breeding and showing chickens since the 60's and is sooo nice [​IMG] . I will have to see his friends birds while I'm there and see if I can get some eggs [​IMG] . I'm soo excited [​IMG]

Krista

2. A Carolina Chick

A Carolina Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2008
    NC
    Lucky! Did you get the Ancona's you wanted?

3. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    Yes! thanks, that ended today. I only wanted a couple so I will have to rehome some if a lot hatch but she was the only one that had them.
    Krista

4. Lanissa86

Lanissa86 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    Wow! Sounds like you got a great deal! I would love to have some of those breeds but, I am all hatched out for the year.. [​IMG]

5. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

Let me know if he's interested in selling any of his Houdan eggs? I've been looking everywhere & I'm trying to get my 'bator filled up for my last hatch!

6. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    I will see, if he ever calls me back [​IMG]

Krista

7. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    Krista, if you get Copper Black eggs, would you mind taking a pic of them & posting it?

8. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    definitely

9. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    That's so exciting! Here's hoping that you can get everything that you want! [​IMG]

10. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    Well, I got 7 La Fleche to hatch. Only 7 made it to hatch day. I had 4 upside down eggs that I didn't mark, but they were out of town for 3 days after he collected my eggs. So they sat there without turning and upside down. I don't know if it's coincidence [​IMG]
    I had posted that I thought one of the chicks looked stuck to the shell despite my turning and that one didn't make it past day 14 +/-
    Still, 7 should be enough to get a trio [​IMG]
    I don't know if they are out of town or what, so I will give it a couple more days then officially give up on the Marans [​IMG]

Krista

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by