"Rare Marans Collection" at MPC

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by juliect, Jan 26, 2010.

1. juliect

juliect Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2009
    Niota, TN
    Have you seen the new "Rare Marans Collection" at MPC? SWEET!!! [​IMG]

Wait a minute. Why am I telling BYCers about it??? [​IMG] You guys will just beat me to the punch and I'll end up Rare-Maranless this year. FORGET I mentioned it! You heard NOTHING [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    I heard nothing.. Nothing at all.. " hitting speed dial to MPC"

3. hensplease

hensplease Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2009
    san diego
    I Dont Think They Will Have Good Egg Color

4. juliect

Jul 9, 2009
    Niota, TN
    Quote:If not, then I'll just buy more next year! [​IMG]
    There is apparently no end to this chick addiction. First thing in the morning and last thing at night, I check all the hatcheries' websites to look for changes and additions while making notes as to what is where....I may need counseling and possibly medication [​IMG]

But seriously, I ordered my Favs from MPC last year and I knew not to expect show-quality from a hatchery, but I ended up with one jaw-droppingly-beautiful Favs rooster and 2 gorgeous hens. The other rooster and hens are still pretty, but they are the average Salmon Favs.

5. hensplease

May 9, 2009
    san diego
    but in the long run i think you would be better with non hatchery marans thats if u want them for egg color

6. fowltemptress

fowltemptress Frugal Fan Club President

Jan 20, 2008
    Are the eggs pictured below that deal an example of the color they lay? Or is that just the stock photo.

Why am I even asking? I'm an Ideal fan! [​IMG]

7. domino7

domino7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2009
    N.E. Ohio
    They claim that their birds are from the same lines that many other people name.

8. hensplease

May 9, 2009
    san diego
    i realy doubt it as they would cost alot more these are probly basic birds with darker eggs that a buff orp but lighter then any maran thats just my guess
    Quote:

9. juliect

Jul 9, 2009
    Niota, TN
    Quote:I have no clue [​IMG]
    I have heard a rumor that Meyer Hatchery ships for MPC. I received Meyer's catalog today and they have the SAME assortment listed in their catalog (although it isn't listed on their website yet). Although I find it odd that MPC sexes bantams and Meyer's does not.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by