Rare NANKIN eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Lund Poultry, Nov 16, 2010.

1. Lund Poultry

Lund Poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2010
    Brooklyn, WI
    [​IMG]For Sale: one dozen RARE Nankin eggs. These are eggs out of 4 different breeding pens that have all been shown. You could get RC or SC (have a RC roo in one of the pens) These are my favorite breed we raise, very calm, majestic looking birds with great mothering ability. These make great 4-H projects for the first time shower and also great birds for someone who does NOT have a bunch of room for Large breeds. YOU WILL LOVE THEM!!!!!
    *Money Order only
    *Eggs are all wrapped one at a time with plenty of cushion for the trip, however I can NOT guarantee fertility and hatch once they leave my hands.
    *we have 2 batches in the incubator now that we tested fertility on and only had to pull out a egg or two on each batch. (will send extras if available)

Last edited: Nov 16, 2010
  2. Minniechickmama

Minniechickmama Senora Pollo Loco

Sep 4, 2009
    Minnesota
    Note too, I do believe this breed is listed as Critical according to American Livestock Breeder's Conservancy. A great breed for those looking for the rare and interested in preserving a heritage breed.

3. chikincrazee

chikincrazee Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2010
    IL
    Hi we have nankins too and they are very docile and child friendly....they are a rare heritage breed in fact there are some judges who dont even know what they are...you can join the nankin association for $10 a year they have a great club....these are nice little birds and definitely worth hatching and breeding...also they hatch out really easy....in 19 days usually..

4. RioLindoAz

RioLindoAz Sleeping

Jul 8, 2007
    Yuma, Arizona
    This breed is very old. Most of the bantam breeds we have today derived from this bird. Really great birds that are fun to have around.

5. Lund Poultry

Lund Poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2010
    Brooklyn, WI
    anyone interested for 15.00 for the eggs? They will go into the incubator on this coming Tuesday!

6. GothChick

GothChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2010
    Wisconsin
    Is shipping always $13 or would it be less if they were being sent within Wisconsin? I would love the eggs but shipping prices are what push them over my budget.

7. Buck Creek Chickens

Buck Creek Chickens Have Incubator, Will Hatch

Nov 26, 2008
    Neenah, WI
    I'd be interested for $15, and I'm in Wi.

8. bel

bel Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2010
    East bay
    crud, if I wasn't just about to put duck eggs in the incubator. That roo is gorgeous. Will you have more eggs available in spring?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by