Rare Norwegian Jaerhorn eggs for sale. N.P.I.P. certified!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by houndit, May 14, 2010.

1. houndit

houndit There is no H or F in Orpington!

Jul 13, 2008
    Braymer Missouri
    I am offering 6 Norwegian Jaerhorn eggs . I got 20 of them from Ideal Poultry last year. I was not happy. Many were puny and failed to thrive or died. I have two trios that I am breeding. They were the only nice ones. I am only offering 6 eggs because I want to insure their freshness. I will offer more if you want to wait a little longer. I will try to ship them Monday, but it depends on how they lay. It could take a little while. Some days I get four eggs other days I only get a couple. I guarantee that you will get the eggs free of cracks. I want Paypal only for this auction please.

The Norwegian Jaerhorns are very interesting fowl! I really like them. They are good layers of white eggs. They are very small chickens. They are smaller than my Leghorns. They lay very large eggs especially considering how small they are. They are one of the few birds I have that can fly. I have had a hen purchase on the high wires before. Here is a thread with some good information about them. https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=308555 One of the interesting things about these birds is that they are aute sexing. You can tell the cocks and hens apart when they hatch simply by looking at them.

Pm me if you have any questions.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 14, 2010
  2. BeccaOH

BeccaOH Morning Gem Farm

Oct 3, 2008
    east central Ohio
    I wouldn't mind some eggs. Only 2 of the 6 I ordered from Ideal this year have survived. They did seem delicate. But I think I have 1 roo and 1 pullet, which I'm thankful for.

3. chickenlittle32

chickenlittle32 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2009
    Rayne Louisiana
    Love the color of the roo!

4. BeccaOH

BeccaOH Morning Gem Farm

Oct 3, 2008
    east central Ohio
    These are the most "colorful" pastel chicks that I've seen. Looking forward to seeing mine grow into adult feathers.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by