Rare Opportunity for East African Crowned Crane

Discussion in 'Ornamental Fowl (Swans, etc.)' started by peterc, Dec 22, 2010.

1. peterc

peterc Out Of The Brooder

Oct 6, 2009
    Hi everyone,
    I have a hand raised female east African crown crane ( breeder 3 years old ). Will eat out of your hands. Looking for a Good home for her. Shes in a mixed aviary ( waterfowl , phesants, and Quail ) asking $950. Pick up only. Im in NH, MA border. Email with any questions. [email protected] [​IMG][​IMG]

2. Dr. Todd

Dr. Todd Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2010
    Nice looking bird Peter!

DT

3. peterc

Oct 6, 2009
    Thanks DT, she is real sweet too. I had her step up on my shoulder when she was Smaller [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

4. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

Man, I wish you were in Florida. I have a male and female that are related and avoid me like the plague. [​IMG]

5. mississippifarmboy

mississippifarmboy collects slightly damaged strays

Might want to post this in the auction area, you'll get alot more responses.
    Very pretty bird [​IMG]

6. Muscovies

Muscovies Chillin' With My Peeps

That is a nice crowned crane female

7. Dr. Todd

Dr. Todd Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2010
    It is a great looking bird and the owner looks pretty handsome too! [​IMG]

DT

8. Lorli

Lorli Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 21, 2009
    She is beautiful!!!! Is she still availalbe? How do they cope with winter weather? Could she be the only crane and live with my geese and chickens?

9. foulman007

foulman007 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 29, 2010
    Columbia SC
    Love these birds wish i was closer i would have her in a minute.

10. peterc

Oct 6, 2009
    Yes I still have her because I wont ship her . She has to be picked up. She cant be left outside in the cold. In the winter she stays in the greenhouse ( which is heated ).... and she is housed with little Bob White Quails.... Impeyans, Temminicks, Red Golden , Lady Amherst pheasants ( all Males) and shes with Waterfowl including Eiders, Hooded Mergansers, small ringed teal and she hangs out and plays with All of them. She was hatched at Ct Waterfowl. and they did an exceptional job rearing the hatchlings because she was totaly imprinted and gentle when I got her.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by