rare partridge somethings?

kari_dawn

Songster
10 Years
Nov 2, 2009
North Texas
I ordered 10 rare mystery chicks a while back, and have been waiting for them to be big enough for me to tell what they are. You guys helped me on a couple of them already, and I am pretty sure I have a splash orpington in the mix, which I am super excited about, but I have these three chipmunk babies who turned in to partridge-y looking yellow legged *somethings* that I cannot identify. Help please? There is a list of possible breeds below the pictures...I don't know if I got pics of all three...they look very similar...

and the breed possibilities:
  • Buckeye
  • Ancona
  • Easter Egger
  • Ameraucana (Wheaten, Blue, Black, Splash)
  • Black Sumatra
  • Andalusian (Blue, Black, or Splash)
  • Appenzeller Spitzhauben
  • Sicilian Buttercup
  • Salmon Faverolles
  • Golden Campine
  • Buff Chantecler
  • Blue Laced Red Wyandotte
  • Barnevelder
  • Brahma (Buff Brahma, Light Brahma)
  • Marans (Silver Cuckoo, Golden Cuckoo, Black Copper, Blue Copper, Blue Splash, White)
  • Delaware
  • Dominique
  • Columbian Wyandotte
  • Dark Cornish
  • Cochin
  • Welsummer
  • White Sultan
  • Polish (Assorted colors)
  • Exchequer Leghorn
  • Speckled Sussex
  • Hamburg (Assorted colors)
  • Lakenvelder (Silver, Golden)
  • Partridge Penedesenca
  • Jersey Giant
  • Blue Orpington
  • Silver Grey Dorking
  • Egyptian Fayoumi
  • Black Langshans

I definitely don't have any salmon favs! I will be getting some though. I have had them before, and I adore them :) The three I am trying to figure out are the three partridge ones. I am pretty sure I have the other breeds nailed down. I *think* I have two silver spangled hamburgs, 1 jersey giant, 1 splash orpington (or marans, but the bird is quite large), 1 golden campine, 1 Sicilian buttercup, and 1 Delaware (that I lost to a hawk). That just leaves these three yellow legged, partridge colored birds...I am guessing they are either buckeyes (seems too dark, and JoshU says no), barnevelders (unlikely), welsummers, or partridge penedesencas because I don't *think* anything else on the list matches up

They do look like welsummers. I'm pretty certain that they aren't barnvelders, and pendesencas seem to have grey legs and white earlobes (according to Google, I've never seen one). So by process of elimination they *should* be welsummers. (Disclaimer: I may or may not know what I'm talking about. I would err towards not). They are lovely looking chickens though!

I would be happy with wellies :) That is actually what I am leaning towards as well...it would be neat to have others too though

I think you have (left to right) Wells
ummer, golden campine, wellsummer, 2 silver spangled hamburgs, Partridge Penedesenca (back), second campine, and black andalusian.

LL

Back
Top Bottom