Rare Post Office Victory Today!

Schultz

CluckN'Crow Farm
11 Years
Aug 5, 2008
Indianapolis
Up until recently, we had not had any problems with our post office shipping eggs. Well on March 6th, DH went to the PO and the lady gave him a really hard time and he had a word back. Nothing mean was said. Anyway, the eggs didn't arrive to the BYC member until the 14th!!!
somad.gif
I received a PM from the person the eggs were sent to and the box was so smashed that they had to wrap it in a plastic bag, it also smelled awful! I immediately called the customer service number and gave them a piece of my mind, no swearing or yelling, just a firm "How could you let this happen?" She said there wasn't anything she or anyone could do. I asked for a manager and she was the manager
he.gif
, so I asked for her supervisor. That person would be out until Monday. I requested that the supervisor call me back asap because I don't want this to happen to anyone else. The supervisor called me back that same day and I told her what had happened, etc. She explained to me that she did some research and the box had been shipped through the conveyors not handled by a person, which made me even madder. I, again, explained to her what this error and the PO had cost not only me because I needed to replace those eggs but what it cost the person who bought the eggs. After about 20 minutes of more "talking", she said she would talk to her supervisor about some kind of reimbursement and would call me back Monday or Tuesday. I wans't holding my breath! Well she just called and she cannot replace the cost of the eggs but will reimburse me for the shipping!!!!!!!!!!
wee.gif
I am just beside myself. I can't hardly believe it! Anyway, I just wanted to share this with you all in case you ever have a situation like it! I hope the outcome is good.

Last edited:
I'd be yelling at the post office either way if I was shipping or received the eggs. You might try and get some bright neon color orange paper and write fragile eggs on it then tape it to the box. Might make it more noticeable that it needs to be handled correctly. You'd think that during the shipping someone would notice the smell and probably leakage.

It was CLEARLY marked, in bright orange and yellow, there's no way it was missed! I think it was intentional but who knows, I don;t want to point blame but the circumstances are a little to odd. I am just glad they got the message and hopefully it won't happen again to someone else. We have since gone elsewhere to ship eggs.

Back
Top Bottom