RARE Red or Black Young Dorking Cockerels for Sale - P/U Only

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by birdsNbeesNseeds, Jul 17, 2010.

1. birdsNbeesNseeds

birdsNbeesNseeds Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2010
    Dorking Cockerels for Sale - I have too many!

Rare red dorking and very rare black dorking cockerels for sale. The black feathers have a beetle green sheen to them. Hatched May 7.

Dorkings are a hard to find dual purpose heritage poultry breed that is well known in England for its excellent meat and wintertime eggs. They were once well known in the U.S. before the Civil War era. They are an ancient breed that has been around for thousands of years and are one of the few with five toes. Unfortunately, many newer commercial breeds and hybrids have been developed which mature faster but do not have the same meat and egg qualities or foraging abilities of the heritage breeds.

These are very calm, mellow birds that free range on 1/2 acre of grass during the day and return to thier coop at night. I feed them supplemental corn and grain in the afternoon.

For more information Google "Dorking Chicken" or email me. No eggs or hens available at this time, but may be possible later this year.

Pickup near Louisville, KY

Four Red and Three Black Available - Please do not hit the BIN button, PM me instead!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/55361_img00171-20100715-1836.jpg

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/55361_img00164-20100715-1835.jpg

Last edited: Jul 18, 2010
  2. TurkeyMountainChickens

TurkeyMountainChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2009
    Central Virginia
    I wish you lived closer! I've been thinking about getting into Dorkings for a while. Where does your stock from from?

Do you ever ship eggs? Are yours white? I've heard some strains lay an off-white to light brown egg.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by