"Rare" Silver Campine Craigslist scam?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by DragonClaw01, Nov 8, 2014.

1. DragonClaw01

DragonClaw01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2013
    I've been trying to get rid of a pair of silver campines on CL for a bit. I finally got a guy who is interested. In Alabama. He claims they are rare and willing to pay $50 shipping plus the cost of the birds. He wants to breed and show them. Does it sound sketchy to anyone else? He sounds okay, not too bad, but it sounds too good to be true. Are Silver Campines even slightly rare? I thought they were extremely common. Goes by Rodney Jenkins. Thanks.

2. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    How is he proposing to pay? There are some very key phrases or suggestions with regards to payment that are often made that indicate scams

3. DragonClaw01

Sep 25, 2013
    PayPal or Postal Money Order. I know that with Paypal he can claim he never got them and get his money back and it creates a mess. I've never dealt with Money Orders before. It sounds kinda sketchy to me. Are Silver Campines worth much? Are they even "Rare"?

4. DragonClaw01

Sep 25, 2013
    Anyone else have any ideas?

5. txcarl1258

txcarl1258 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2010
    Pleasanton
    If they pay via paypal or postal money order then I wouldn't be worried. I wouldn't ship them until you receive payment. As far as them being rare each person has their definition of "rare".

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by