RAREROO's sussexs - we are now on day 20!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by momma's chickens, Oct 12, 2009.

1. momma's chickens

momma's chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2008
    Idaho
    I will move them in the hatcher tomorrow evening. I candled tonight and they look good, saw movement in a couple of them. Here is crossing my fingers!! [​IMG]:fl

Last edited: Oct 15, 2009
  2. RAREROO

RAREROO Overrun With Chickens

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    That's great Amanda, I can't wait to see how they do. Hopefully we'll have 13 Sussex and that Dancin Duck. LOL

3. k2chickens

k2chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    New Castle, Indiana
    wow sending good hatch vibes your way [​IMG]

4. momma's chickens

Mar 10, 2008
    Idaho
    I ordered a dozen speckled sussex from RAREROO and a half dozen turkey eggs and he threw in the duck egg. I knew going into this the likelihood of the turkey eggs being fertile was not good, but tried anyway. He sent me 15 speckled sussex eggs, 1 duck egg and 8 (?) turkey eggs. When I candled on week 1, all sussex eggs looked good, one turkey egg was developing and I swear the duck was moving all over the place. Now it is time to put them in the hatcher and there is 13 sussex eggs going in today, the dancing duck (everytime I candled she is dancing in there) will go next Wednesday. One chicken egg developed a blood ring and one quit sometime in the first week.The turkey egg that started to develop, quit sometime right after it was candled and when I took it out I put it in the plastic bag and sat it on the counter until I was done candling and it exploded in the bag and on my shirt. UGHHHHHHHH! [​IMG]

5. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Good luck with your hatch!!!!!

6. RAREROO

RAREROO Overrun With Chickens

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    Gosh I hate that about that turkey egg, at least you had it in a bag though, I 've had eggs explode before but I wasn't lucky enough to have them in a bag [​IMG] And I didn't know the ones that had been forming would explode, I thought it was just ones that were infertile and rotten. Well, maybe I can get you some more turkey eggs in the spring when fertility is better if you want. Good luck

7. momma's chickens

Mar 10, 2008
    Idaho
    Well I am assuming it was fertile, it had veining in it on day 7 and when it exploded it had a black blob in it. NASTY! [​IMG]

8. mulia24

mulia24 Chillin' With My Peeps

yaw, can't wait to see the pics. share when hatched please. [​IMG]

9. momma's chickens

Mar 10, 2008
    Idaho
    It is day 19 and I keep wanting them to do something, anything rock, cheep, or PIP! Nothing.

I will definitely share pics. [​IMG]

10. momma's chickens

Mar 10, 2008
    Idaho
    If I have looked at those eggs today once, I have looked at them 50 times. I just glanced again and noticed one slighty rocking and then another one. [​IMG] Come on babies, you can do it!!! [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 14, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by