Raspy voice

Dlynn727

Hatching
Oct 17, 2021
My sweet girl is acting good but has a very raspy voice I went to my local Tractor Supply and they said to
put a drop of ivermectin on her Neck. But did not say how many times a day or for how many days. She is about 1.5 years old. What are your thoughts?

Wyorp Rock

🐓 ❤ 🐛
Premium Feather Member
6 Years
Sep 20, 2015
Southern N.C. Mountains
My sweet girl is acting good but has a very raspy voice I went to my local Tractor Supply and they said to
put a drop of ivermectin on her Neck. But did not say how many times a day or for how many days. She is about 1.5 years old. What are your thoughts?
Welcome To BYC

If you can get a video of her as suggested by @6BeachChicks that may be helpful. Upload video to youtube and provide a link.

How long has she had symptoms? Do you notice any mucous, facial swelling, watery/bubbly eyes, coughing, sneezing, etc.?

Is her crop emptying overnight?

Is she laying eggs? Any bloat in the abdomen below the vent between her legs?

Have you added any new birds recently?

I can only guess the employee that gave you Ivermectin was thinking of treating for mites/lice? Possibly worms? Did they say what the Ivermectin was for?
Ivermectin is useful for treating external parasites (lice/mites/scaly leg mites) and might treat roundworms.
1 drop is very not likely going to do anything. Ivermectin is dosed by weight, so you need to weigh your hen so you can give her the correct dose. Dosing info is in this thread https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/mites-lice-now-hen-growling.1242981/page-2#post-19965544

Top Bottom