Rat breeding

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by NewHopePoultry, Feb 24, 2008.

1. NewHopePoultry

NewHopePoultry Overrun With Chickens

Apr 9, 2007
    Troy,Missouri
    I finally got Glitters pedigree, so I got to breed her to Fuzzy. I am so excited. I bred them on the 15th, so I should have babies by March 8th. Fuzzy is pretty old for a rat, so I dont know if he is able to produce offspring or not. He has in the past,but that was then and this is now.

So everyone cross their fingers for me. I really hope this breeding took,since Fuzzy is nearing the end of his days and I would love nothing more then to keep 2 babies from him.
    Fuzzy-Fawn Double Rex (mock hairless)
    click->[​IMG]

Glitter-black variberk
    click->[​IMG]

2. ibpboo

ibpboo Where Chickens Ride Horses

Jul 9, 2007
    always changing
    Aww, my fingers are crossed. I use to have rats, 21 of them at once one time.

3. lacyloo

lacyloo Cooped Up

May 26, 2007
    north florida
    i used to raise rats and sell the babies to pet stores

4. NewHopePoultry

Apr 9, 2007
    Troy,Missouri
    I've cut my rat number down alot, I used to have 56 of them,lol.
    I only sell to other breeders and pet owners. I care too much where they go to sell to a pet store.

5. ibpboo

ibpboo Where Chickens Ride Horses

Jul 9, 2007
    always changing
    Wow, thats a lot of rats! When I was a kid, I had a little house in the backyard that was my room and the rats use to just run around on the counter tops and dresser tops and go in and out of their cages at free will. My sister had rats too and her rat would steal her money or bra and take them into his cage. hee hee

6. NewHopePoultry

Apr 9, 2007
    Troy,Missouri
    My rat Fuzzy likes to steal my things and put them in his cage.
    I love my rats to death, they are so smart. Fuzzy knows his name, so when I let him out to play in my room he coems back as soon as I call him.

7. theOEGBman

theOEGBman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    Good Luck! I just found 28 pinks in my mouse cage, I was really amazed.

8. Kanchii

Kanchii Chillin' With My Peeps

Ahhh ratties... How I love them. Rats are truely one of the smartest animals I've ever encountered. Mine all knew their names and would run around the house (dont go to the bathroom outside their cage) and come when we called their individual names. They are great and so so so very sweet and social. Simply lovely, clean, great animals and pets!

As for breeding the male, he should be able to do it. One of my rat breeding friends (I used to breed) has used males until the day they die, and they still get the job done! [​IMG] Now if the girl is happy about doin' it with an old fart I'm not sure, but the old men always seem more than happy to court those lovely young things [​IMG]

9. chickbea

chickbea Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2007
    Vermont
    Quote:[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by