Rat poison?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by horseyjess, Oct 16, 2009.

1. horseyjess

horseyjess Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2009
    SW Florida
    I was cleaning out my feed room the other day. I knocked a rat bar out if its area. I did not notice it until I saw one of the Gunieas and a hen pecking at it. I removed the bar and thought all was ok now the Guniea is acting off. If this were a Cow, Horse, Dog, cat etc I would give it Vitamin K shots. I was thinking of doing this to the Guniea what do you think? How much? I would do about 1-1.5 ml 2x a day but I am really not sure so ANYONE??? Thanks

2. buck-wild-chick

buck-wild-chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2008
    Hamilton C. FL
    Please describe, "off" ?

3. horseyjess

Sep 2, 2009
    SW Florida
    Quote:Wings are drooping, I head something odd in the barn, sent my daughter to the barn and the Guniea was on his back crying. She was able to pick him up WITHOUT him flipping out when being picked up. Normally when you pick them up they DO NOT like it and scratch you.

4. horseyjess

Sep 2, 2009
    SW Florida
    ANYONE SUGGESTIONS? I gave him 1.5 cc of vitamin K a few hours ago. Am going to do another before I go to bed and then if he is still alive in AM. I have him in a cage under a heating lamp?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by