Rate these incubators and help me choose!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by 19hhbelgian, Jan 25, 2010.

1. Dickeys

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. GQF 1502 Sportsman

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Brinsea Ova-Easy Advance 190

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. 19hhbelgian

19hhbelgian Pigs DO Fly!!

Apr 9, 2009
    New Tripoli PA
    I am trying to decide which type of incubator I should get. I have "out grown" my current incubators, and need to move up to a cabinet incubator. The 3 I'm choosing between are: A Dickeys Incubator, A GQF 1502 Sportsman, or a Brinsea Ova-Easy Advance 190 (would get the humidity system at a later date) (don't tell DH I put this one in the mix [​IMG]) I would really like to have an automatic humidity control like I do on my R-com that I'm currently using, and it needs to have a hatching tray, which all 3 of these have.

Anybody with experience with any of these incubators please feel free to interject! [​IMG]

2. Ban seabhag

Ban seabhag Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 28, 2009
    Glenn HWY Alaska
    Brinsea would be my choice. I have a hovabator also and like it best.

3. matthew1985

matthew1985 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2009
    dover,delaware
    sportsman 1502 is so nice i cant say enuf about it !!!!!

4. mediazeal

mediazeal Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2009
    I have a GQF cabinet incubator that I got after hatching a few rounds in the Brinsea Octagon Advanced.
    The dials and temp are so imprecise compared to the digital SELF-CONTROLING TEMP of the Brinsea. Its been very frustrating trying to keep the temp just right in th GQF. I'm sure one can learn in time like folks who hatch well with the hovabators, but I hate not being sure of the temp like I am with the digital read out.
    Plus, I know if I keep the room at a relatively moderate temp/no huge fluctuations, the Brinsea will HOLD TEMP rock solid.

I ordered a Brinsea Ova 190 from Crazy K Store. Best price I found and they ship it free to you because they have it dropshipped direct instead of brinsea shipping it first to them.

that's my 2 cents

Last edited: Jan 25, 2010
  5. Ban seabhag

Ban seabhag Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 28, 2009
    Glenn HWY Alaska
    I agree about the temps. It never shifts - really nice. I have to work with the Hova and watch it very close.

6. 19hhbelgian

19hhbelgian Pigs DO Fly!!

Apr 9, 2009
    New Tripoli PA
    Quote:Thanks for the info! I'm used to not having to do anything with my R-com and my Brinsea Octagon advanced, which is why I was leaning towards the brinsea... Just have to talk DH into it (maybe the free shipping will persuade him [​IMG])!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by