Rats need home in NJ

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Chickerdoodle13, Sep 10, 2008.

1. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    I have a friend who bought a pair of rats last year and this year she found out she cannot keep them in her on campus apartment (something about her room mate not wanting them in the room).

Anyways, these two rats now need a home. I would love to take them, but I'm not sure I'm quite ready to take on any other pets other than my fish here at college. I told her I would send out word about them, so if you know anyone interested, let me know! The rats are located in South Jersey, and could probably be picked up at the Richard Stockton College in Galloway, NJ. However, if you are interested and live up north let me know because I travel that way for home.

I believe they are both females, and I think they are both REW. One is super friendly and the other is a little nippy, but not nasty. They are relatively young, but I think she bought both from the pet store. Not really sure what they come with, but I'm assuming a cage of some sort and possibly some food and toys. However, if you are interested I can put you in touch with my friend, or take down your phone number for her to call.

Hopefully these guys can find a good home! I couldn't bear to see them put in a shelter and I'm not really set up to take them at the moment.

2. Aneesa's Muse

Aneesa's Muse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    There are rescues specifically for rattie kids, in your area ...I'll go check it out and get you some info shortly. [​IMG]

3. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Thanks! I do know of one, but haven't e-mailed her yet. With classes and everything else going on, I just haven't had the time.

It kind of annoys me that people buy animals without fully thinking it through and it's partly the reason I have not gotten any "illegal" campus pets. The only thing that suffers in the end are the poor animals. Of course if the campus made certain pets legal that would solve a lot of our problems, but I'm not sure it would prevent others from starting![​IMG]

Anyways, thanks for you help! I will pass on any information to my friend.

4. Aneesa's Muse

Aneesa's Muse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    Sorry it took so long ..but we really need to update the Rescue bank info sometime... [​IMG]

Rescues here...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by