Ravenna Ohio - I need help

Discussion in 'Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances (and how to change' started by gzakich, Feb 15, 2013.

1. gzakich

gzakich New Egg

Feb 15, 2013
    Does anyone live in the Portage County, Ohio (Ravenna) area? I really want to raise chickens for eggs, and found out there is an ordinance prohibiting chickens.

Thanks in advance,
    Gordon

2. npeelman

npeelman New Egg

Oct 9, 2015
    Did you have any luck with this? We are buying a home and told chickens were ok at this home and its in Ravenna?!

3. Stehiiboo

Stehiiboo Out Of The Brooder

Mar 13, 2014
    http://www.ci.ravenna.oh.us/AboutRavenna/Zoning/tabid/106/Default.aspx

You should be able to call them or maybe you can get those links to work. If it's in a very obvious agriculture area (commercial farmers near by or neighbors have cows goats etc) then I'd just say yes you can have chickens. You may want to call and make sure though because sometimes under a certain acreage they will not allow chickens or they can't be housed within a certain distance of other homes.

4. rootes

rootes Out Of The Brooder

Sep 23, 2014
    Amherst Township, Ohio
  5. EllieMaesFlock

EllieMaesFlock New Egg

Mar 28, 2016
    I am looking for other home owners who live within Ravenna City limits (not the township) and would like to pursue legalizing chickens. Feel free to respond here or PM me.

6. Sierra1589

Sierra1589 New Egg

Apr 6, 2016
    Hi, I live in Streetsboro, grew up in Ca. and moved here about a year ago and purchased a home, only later to find out that chickens are not allowed! I have done some research and found a site about a group of people trying to legalize chickens in Kent, but nothing up this way. I would love to get together with a local group of like minded chicken loving individuals and talk options. Please let me know if anyone is interested.

7. Sweets2005

Sweets2005 New Egg

May 10, 2015
    Delaware, USA
    EllieMaesFlock, did you ever get a group together to fight this? I am interested in joining. Thanks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by