1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

raw corn on the cob

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by cheapcheap_jeepjeep, Jul 18, 2007.

1. cheapcheap_jeepjeep

cheapcheap_jeepjeep Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2007
    Villa Grove
    Okay I see that alot of you all have or do feed your chickens (ect) corn on the cob or corn in general But can they it raw ?They have been in the fields picking their on corn on the cob and eating it . Is it ok that way????? [​IMG]

2. FingerLakesChick

FingerLakesChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2007
    Western New York
    Mine got their first ever raw corn on cob last week and they went bonkers for it!! What a riot to watch!!

3. Rooster01

Rooster01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2007
    Southern WV
    Yeah. I've fed my hens raw corn and they love it. It might be a little hard for them to digest because it is a little big and hard so make sure they have plenty of grit. I believe most livestock corn is raw.

4. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    A few weeks ago just before we tilled under the garden we gave the chickens a whole mess of corn on the cob. They ate so much it was funny to watch them.

5. cheapcheap_jeepjeep

cheapcheap_jeepjeep Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2007
    Villa Grove
    Thanks all It is so good to know they can have it. Now how to tell them that is NOT moms field and not moms corn [​IMG] . So I guess I need to go buy it from the boy scouts again.

6. horsewishr

horsewishr Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2007
    West Michigan
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by