Raw Eggs, Anyone else do this?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by M.sue, Oct 30, 2011.

1. M.sue

M.sue Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2011
    Michigan
    As a child when I was growing up my mother always let my siblings and I lick the cake batter from the beaters and eat the raw cookie dough as she was baking. My husband always has somewhat of a COW when I let our kids do this. I figure it hasn't killed me or my siblings or their children so what's the harm. I tell him they make protein drinks out of raw eggs and it's not like the batter or dough has sat out for hours. Plus our eggs are always fresh. So is this bad, am I putting my children at risk or is my husband over re-acting? His mother use to do the same....I asked her in front of him!!

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Omigosh, yes! I think I like the raw pound cake batter better than the actual cake itself, LOL. I'm still kicking.

3. Poultrybonkers

Poultrybonkers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2011
    On brownies it taste better raw! and I love raw cookie dough! and im still alive!! what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. [​IMG]

4. chickened

chickened Overrun With Chickens

Oct 2, 2010
    western Oregon
    We always had another use for raw eggs on Halloween. I do like cake mix.

5. terrilhb

terrilhb Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Georgia
    If it is bad for you than I am in trouble. I ate it as a child, my kids did and we still all do. I love it. Especially anything that is chocolate. YUMMY!

6. Kesta

Kesta Pie Crust Malfunction

Jul 31, 2008
    houston tx
    I see nothing wrong with eating raw cake batter or cookie dough. Tons of us do it and we haven't died of it yet!

7. terrilhb

terrilhb Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Georgia
    Quote:[​IMG]

8. secuono

secuono Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2010
    Virginia
    Yea, yum! I love beat egg white or beat egg yolk raw. The one where all you add is sugar, yum!!!!!
    My brother and I used to run around the kitchen and every few circles we would eat a spoon full. Lol, very hyper kids burning the energy as soon as we got it. [​IMG]

9. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    Quote:OMG this is SO true!! [​IMG]

10. Kesta

Kesta Pie Crust Malfunction

Jul 31, 2008
    houston tx
    Quote:OMG this is SO true!! [​IMG]

BYC needs a like button because I also agree!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by