1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Rcom 20 owners!...

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by austinhart123, Jan 31, 2009.

1. austinhart123

austinhart123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    Los Angeles CA
    help... i am trrying to heat up my rcom 20 for goose eggs and its saying its at 99.5 but when i open it, it feels much colder like 65 degrees... i really need these goslings so help asap would be aprietiated [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. austinhart123

Mar 12, 2008
    Los Angeles CA
    please i need help this is urgent please!!!

3. #1California Chick

#1California Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 5, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    Do you have a separate thermometer so that you can double check the temp?? What about the humidity???

Good Luck!!

4. austinhart123

Mar 12, 2008
    Los Angeles CA
    i might have an extra themometer but the air is cold when i open the incubator and cold air is coming out of the vent... the humidity looks normal atm i just need help troubleshooting maybe sume1 else has had this problemm and can help me

5. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    You may need to recalibrate the machine. I had one before and had to reset it to the factory setting. Here is a post on it plus it you do a search on the blue bar at the top of the page just type in r-com and you will see all the posts that can help you.
    But I would try a second Thermometer to make sure your temps are reading correctly before resetting the machine. Good luck hope it all works out for you and you have a great hatch.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=256125#p256125

Last edited: Jan 31, 2009
  6. austinhart123

Mar 12, 2008
    Los Angeles CA
    well, i put it on celcius and calibrated it down to the same degrees that it says on the themometer thats in there and hopefully itll heat up to the right temp but incase im wrong can you show me how to reset the machine to the factory setting?

7. Poison Ivy

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    I have the instructions in the post that tells you how to do it. But hopefully you won't have to and got it fix right this time.
    It's pretty simple just takes a little bit of time waiting the 30 minutes to see if the reading is correct.

8. austinhart123

Mar 12, 2008
    Los Angeles CA
    okay...so i reset the settings... so should it be the right temp now?

9. Poison Ivy

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    Once you reset it you have to calibrate the temp to 99.5 then let it run for 30 minutes. Place a hygrometer in it for 30 minutes & take the reading for the humidity. Then calibrate the humidity to what the hygrometer says. Let it run for another 30 minutes and check it to see that it matches if not just adjust it. Then your machine should be set just make sure your hygrometer is reading correctly before making all the adjustments. Good Luck

Last edited: Feb 1, 2009
  10. austinhart123

Mar 12, 2008
    Los Angeles CA
    now im having trouble getting the humidity past 40%....... and its full of warm water just not goig up... any suggestions?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by