RCOM incubator

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by anjaneep, Dec 22, 2012.

1. anjaneep

anjaneep Out Of The Brooder

Oct 6, 2012
    Hey guys! i was wondering if anyone has hatched chicken eggs in the rcom incubator. i was also wondering if there is a very low price on it, because that incubatorseems perfect to me do you know if it is?[​IMG]i love baby chicks to see what im talking about visit :pandpoultry.co.uk

and eckorea.ecplaza.net

please hhelp me im a real chicken lover

Last edited: Dec 22, 2012
  2. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    Rcom makes several incubators. Which one?

3. anjaneep

Oct 6, 2012
    the one that holds up to three eggs
    the small portable one
    its the rcom mini

Last edited: Dec 23, 2012
  4. seminolewind

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    It's okay too experiment with but has no insulation so the temp and humidity vary alot. You would be better off with one of those foam bators and for just a few eggs, steady the temp with some water filled balloons. Since the one only holds 3 eggs, with the variability, you would have a good chance of only one or two hatching. IMO

5. anjaneep

Oct 6, 2012
    ok thank you ill look for other most likly ill use the one i already have

6. seminolewind

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    Yup, nothing like a good foam bator.

Quote: [​IMG]

7. Pancholoco

Pancholoco Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2012
    Sin, MX. now CA.
    X2

8. anjaneep

Oct 6, 2012
    alright thank you guys u know today was christamas and my family bourght me a parakeet so uh ya thanx

9. quintinp

quintinp Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2010
    Southern Oklahoma
    Unless you can find a hovabator, don't buy the Little Giant incubator. I don't wanna be the only person on this thread to disagree with the Little Giant incubator hatch rates, or successes, but the Little Giant is a waste of your money. I have added a fan to the one I have and it still didn't make much of a difference. I did purchase the Rcom 3-egg incubator. It holds temperature perfect. I have hatched only chicks in it. I bought it with the intentions of getting a few rare pheasant eggs, or even hatching parrots or parakeets in it. I really like that it turns the egg every hour, which keeps the embryo very well exercised throughout the incubation. I agree that the styro foam incubators are usually cheaper, but if you can find a used Rcom mini, which I have seen a few on ebay for about $50 then you should get it. If you can find a hovabator for a decent price though, I would choose it over the other 2 incubators because of it's size and the fact that it uses a wafer thermostat and wafer thermostats are thermostats that have been relied on for 90+ years, because of their accuracy, and they work mechanically and won't burn up like the electronic thermostats.

Whatever you choose, GOOD LUCK, and I hope you can have a great hatch! [​IMG]

10. seminolewind

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by