Rcom max 20 incubator humidity not going down.

I just started incubating some duck eggs and I have the machine set to have a humidity of 55%, but the incubator is staying stuck at 72 - 76% humidity. How can I get the humidity to go down?
I had to buy a new humidity element for mine as it kept saying I needed to add water even though it was full.
Here's some questions for you:
Are you using distilled water?
Did you just put eggs in?
Is your humidity high in the room you have the incubator in?
Could some water have spilled into the very bottom of the machine?

I had to buy a new humidity element for mine as it kept saying I needed to add water even though it was full.
Here's some questions for you:
Are you using distilled water?
Did you just put eggs in?
Is your humidity high in the room you have the incubator in?
Could some water have spilled into the very bottom of the machine?
1. Yes I am using distilled water
2. I put the eggs in 4 hours ago
3.I don’t know if the humidity is high in the room it is in
4. I don’t think so because I filled it up according to the instructions.

Where can I get a new humidity element?

I just started incubating some duck eggs and I have the machine set to have a humidity of 55%, but the incubator is staying stuck at 72 - 76% humidity. How can I get the humidity to go down?

Either the part that measures humidity is wrong, or the humidity really is that high.

You could buy a separate hygrometer (to check humidity.)

If the humdidity really is that high, you could try taking ALL the water out of the incubator. (Yes, I do mean emptying the part that is supposed to have water in it.)

If the humidity is still high, even with an accurate gauge and NO water in the incubator at all, then I think the only other option is to run a dehumidifier in the same room, to dry out the air in the room. Or let them incubate at extra-high humidity and hope for the best.

The eggs that you just put in, may show a higher humidity for a day or so.
I got a new humidity element on Ebay.
Or try setting the incubator to 20% humidity.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom