Rcom Suro King Incubator

Three Cedars Silkies

Crowing
11 Years
Apr 17, 2008
Gainesville, Fl.
Up for your consideration is my first Rcom Suro King incubator that I purchased in April of this year. I have had 5 very successful hatches in it. My first hatch was not a great one and I learned that I needed to keep the temp at 100.3 on the digital readout to have an ideal temp for hatching silkies.

Recently, the fan quit working and Rcom wanted quite a bit of money for me to return it for repair. Since the warranty was only 6 months I decided to replace the computer fan myself. I did that today and it is now working perfectly and has been holding the temp and humidity steady for the last few hours.

I readily admit that I am not a fan of this incubator because I think anything that costs $379.00 should work perfectly for a long time and have a warrranty longer than 6 months. However, it is a very easy incubator to use. It does have a humidity pump and it works great! You never have to worry about humidity.

It comes with adjustable rails to hold the eggs, but personally I like to use egg cartons. If you trim the very end off 2 egg cartons, they fit perfectly, so you can incubate and hatch 24 eggs without having to make any changes except increasing the humidity. The turning cradle works fine.

I am selling this one and returning my second one and am purchasing a cabinet Dickey incubator.

Nice Christmas gift for someone!!

Last edited:
Christmas present...less than half of retail...no shipping or sales tax!!
big_smile.png

Edited to add.... I LOVE your fibers!! Where do you get your wool??

Last edited:
I'm working the Christmas gift angle LOL

Thanks! I get most of my stuff from RH Lindsay and dye/card it up. I'm loving this cold weather we are having - I can finally get some use out of my wool handknits
big_smile.png

Im interested too-Im working on my angles too LOL...DH wasn't too happy when i told him about another bator haha I am shopping for my DD winter jacket right now-thats where I am at-it depends on how much her coat will cost:-(

I have one and love it, but that being said it was replaced once and also the fan on the 2nd one. It's perfect now, but the originals had issues, like the cord didnt stay in to keep it on. Is yours good in this respect. I have 2 other incubators hovabator genesis that I use for lockdown because I like to see them better.

This unit is awesome, though, you set it and forget it, always perfect

On the first one I did have a problem with the cord coming loose once, but I put a tape "Y" around it and never had anymore problems.

Last edited:
Despite the Suro King thread making me nervous, I think I'm going to go for it! I heat my house with wood and have drastic temperature and humidity changes and need something that can handle it. It sounds like as long as this unit is operational it should be pretty foolproof. I'm so excited!

Back
Top Bottom