re-candled today...this egg any good?**Graphic pics pg 1*

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by petchickenlover, Aug 30, 2011.

1. petchickenlover

petchickenlover Songster

Sep 9, 2008
    First couple photos taken yesterday [8/29/11]:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Pics taken today, it looks like he's shrunk.. when i float-tested yesterday he was moving around, but when i checked today there appeared to be no movement... what do you think?=/
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 31, 2011
  2. pete55

pete55 Songster

Feb 19, 2011
    Suffolk, UK
    Hi there

How far are these eggs along? They look dark and if I didnt know better I'd say the ones with the larger air cells and vague shadows are well advanced.

I keep posting this link that I did earlier in the year but I think you'll find it helpful [​IMG]

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=491013

Also our website has more incubation links and a candling diary on the breeding page.

http://oakgarthgeese.com

Best of luck [​IMG]

Pete [​IMG]

3. petchickenlover

petchickenlover Songster

Sep 9, 2008
    Quote:This is just one egg - The first pictures are from 2 days ago, the others from last night. I'm not sure how far along exactly, it was under a broody who left the nest to tend to the rest of the chicks. I guessed approximately day 12 when i candled on the 17th, but I've never been very good with candling so i was probably way off :)

4. pete55

pete55 Songster

Feb 19, 2011
    Suffolk, UK
    Hi

I just cant tell from the pics but try listening for the clicking sound described in my earlier threadwhich would mean its very near.

Pete [​IMG]

5. petchickenlover

petchickenlover Songster

Sep 9, 2008
    Quote:No clicking or peeping - i've tried that already [​IMG]

6. pete55

pete55 Songster

Feb 19, 2011
    Suffolk, UK
    hi. Just keep to your truck incubator regime and check again in a few days. Cert of luck to you [​IMG]

7. petchickenlover

petchickenlover Songster

Sep 9, 2008
    Quote:thank you. i'll give it a few more days and hopefully something happens [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 30, 2011
  8. petchickenlover

petchickenlover Songster

Sep 9, 2008
    Sigh... well i picked up the egg to candle today and it literally just cracked in my hand. There had been a small crack i was watching but today it decided to break...so i decided to open the egg. Chick was dead, but appeared to be fully formed. The egg yolk had not been absorbed,though.

[​IMG]
    He had a lump on his back...[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Chick1043

Chick1043 Songster

Jun 5, 2011
    Idaho
    Quote:I'm sorry....[​IMG] [​IMG]

10. petchickenlover

petchickenlover Songster

Sep 9, 2008
    Quote:I'm sorry....[​IMG] [​IMG]

thank you [​IMG] i just don't think my temperatures were consistent enough for it with my home-made incubator.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: