Re did my Quail Pen What You Guys Think? Pic Heavy!!! Video added.

Discussion in 'Quail' started by crash0330, Jan 5, 2011.

1. crash0330

crash0330 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2010
    Mecca, CA
    My Coop
    So I decided to de do my quail Pen chanche somethings and after 2 days of work this is the result
    This is a little video too.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 5, 2011
  2. mrsengeseth

mrsengeseth Chillin' With My Peeps

its beautiful! some happy quail to be living there!

How do you clean it? what kind of plants? How many quail? it certainly LOOKs predator safe! What's the "celing" look like? Ntural sunlight of bulbs? (can ya tell I like the set up???)

3. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    It is a very neat set up you got there but be aware of the different species you got there [​IMG] Bobwhites and coturnix and a chukar? and you have Valley quail there? Normally those type of quail shouldn't be housed together.....aggressiveness results with bobs and coturnix...I am not familiar with chukars but those are not even quail...hmmmm...

4. crash0330

Mar 11, 2010
    Mecca, CA
    My Coop
    Quote:Haha thanks, I try to rake it at least 3 times a week sometimes more I rake all the hay out too. The plants well to be honest Im not really good with plants don't really know the names for them I only know the ones with the purple flowers are call Margaritas ( or at least thats how we call them lol)
    About predators, we dont really have any my yard is surrounded by 6ft tall wall all the way around it, either way I try to make it as safe as possible just to be on the safe side, the top is chicken wire too with 1/4 of it covered with some tarp. And since this set up is right next to my house and the wall they dont really get that much light so I supplement them with artificial light.
    The permanent residents there are 10 Bobwhites and A Chukar. The Gambels and the coturnix you see there were just One day Models to show off better my pen lol.

5. crash0330

Mar 11, 2010
    Mecca, CA
    My Coop
    Quote:Tell me about it, I mean my Gambels kill everything that moves lol, but today they were just there for the photoshoot. the coturnix too. As far as the chukar, she has been living with the Bobs since she was little they get along very well. Thanks for the advice tho.

6. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    Oh ok [​IMG] It's a great idea, a great set up and kudos on the plants, beautiful (I ran out of words) [​IMG]

7. mrsengeseth

mrsengeseth Chillin' With My Peeps

I think it's an awesome set up, good job. [​IMG]

8. peewee

peewee Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2008
    Orlando, Florida
    I like that set up. [​IMG]

9. chickhopeful12

chickhopeful12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2008
    CT
    looks like something out of better homes and gardens....mine would be so jealous!

10. crash0330

Mar 11, 2010
    Mecca, CA
    My Coop
    Thanks you guys I appreciate the comments, unfortunally I learned that some plants won't last with quails, they ate all the plants with flowers and just left what they couldnt reach LOL.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by