1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

RE: Get Mad

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by seminolewind, Dec 6, 2007.

1. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    I happened to catch the Martha Stewart Show today, and someone called in a question about chickens and she went on about raising chickens, and even showed a pic of the chicken coop with her chickens. Well.....at least its a step in the right educational direction!
    As far as why chickens???? I would have to say why parrots, etc, they sit in a cage and aren't near as entertaining as a chicken, and no feathers and seeds in the house to vacuum up.

2. rosyposyosy

rosyposyosy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2007
    I have a parrot. I am wondering the same thing. [​IMG]

3. LittleChickenRacingTeam

LittleChickenRacingTeam On vacation

Jan 11, 2007
    Ontario, CANADA
    seminolewind wrote: and no feathers and seeds in the house to vacuum up.

I beg to differ. I have hallway chooks. [​IMG]

4. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    Quote:I beg to differ. I have hallway chooks. [​IMG]

Oh yea, oops, yes, the hallway chickens!

5. rosyposyosy

rosyposyosy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2007
    littlechickenracingteam, do you have pictures of your hallway chickens? I'd like to see how people keep chickens indoors. Do they just have diapers?

6. Hi!
    ...And again, she showed a pic of Easter Eggers from MMcM and called them Araucanas.
    I really wanted to see them make the home-made fudge marshmallows --- got so annoyed, I just turned off the tv. Sob... now I'll never know how to make them.
    [​IMG]
    Happy Holidays!
    Lisa

7. LittleChickenRacingTeam

LittleChickenRacingTeam On vacation

Jan 11, 2007
    Ontario, CANADA
    My chooks live in dog crates in my hallway, & don't wear diapers cause they don't come into the main house. Each cage has a 1 quart waterer, & containers for feed, oyster shell & grit. They do have an outdoor coop & free range when I'm able to supervise them. Now that it is winter, they don't even want to go outside.

[​IMG]

8. SweetLilRachy00

SweetLilRachy00 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 30, 2007
    Simpsonville, SC
    Very interesting LittleChicken! I bet they like the warmth of being inside! How many do you have total?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by