1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Re: WELP being backed up...

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by chirpchirp, Apr 29, 2009.

1. chirpchirp

chirpchirp Out Of The Brooder

Apr 16, 2009
    Michigan
    hi, i placed an order (much to my dismay) after reading the post about Welp being backed up in orders posted from the other day. i was wondering if anyone else is/has had problems getting their chicks. i am so excited to get them, i don't want to wait so long! if anyone has any info it would be appreciated. thanks!

2. farrier!

farrier! Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2009
    Southern Illinois
    Mine were sent out the day they were scheduled for. Why they too so long in the mail I do not know... [​IMG]
    My replacements are coming in 2 weeks.

3. GardeNerd

GardeNerd Chillin' With My Peeps

I had Brian in customer service help me when I ordered back in January. He was very understanding of all my newbie questions and never rushed me. I probably talked to him 5 times before actually ordering. Great customer service there. I would say call and find out and ask for Brian if you can.

I know this time of year a lot of the hatcheries are sold out. If one hatch has problems it can impact how the orders are filled. Good luck, I don't envy you the anxiety. It was hard waiting the month for my shipment.

4. twinlights

twinlights Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2008
    Massachusetts
    I was supposed to get my order today. Nothing as of yet. I hadn't heard of a back up, I will have to check that thread out.
    This was my first time ordering from them.

5. farrier!

Feb 28, 2009
    Southern Illinois
    Hopefully you will get a call this morning!

6. twinlights

Jun 26, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Well, I got an e-mail reply from them. Mine were shipped, should be here tomorrow. Fingers crossed they are all ok. I have never had a two day shippment before. [​IMG]

7. farrier!

Feb 28, 2009
    Southern Illinois
    I sure hope they do come that fast. Mine were 5 days then 4 days..... [​IMG]

I have replacements shipping Monday. I will not be ordering again......

I do have the grow-gel on hand.

8. twinlights

Jun 26, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Well, I am afraid I am going to get a box of dead chicks at this point. If they get here at all. The post office always calls me before 6:00 when my chicks arrive.
    I have never had a problem with Ideal. Always here the next day from shipping date, all alive. I don't know why I tried another company.

9. twinlights

Jun 26, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Well, the post office called (much later than usual), they are here. I hope all ok, I guess I was all nervous for no reason. [​IMG]

10. CountryMom

CountryMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2008
    South Texas
    I got a little worried also here lately. Had an order that shipped last Saturday and didn't arrive to Tuesday. That was four days. However, none where dead all alive and seemed healthy. Just had one die unexpectedly last night in the brooder, but that could have just been nature taking it's course. All the rest seem in great shape. I didn't order from Welp though - McMurray

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by