READ THIS, Im soooo addicted now!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by happyhens44, Jan 22, 2011.

1. happyhens44

happyhens44 BroodyAddict

Apr 25, 2010
    Northern WI
    Uhhh, Ok I bought a incubator for $138, and me and my mom made a agreement, Id pay her back every cent (she loaned me since Im to young to have credit cards paypal etc.) anyways so I have to give her every allowence I get, babysitting money ( I owe her $118) . And I was like " Hey mom I love hatching chicks do you think I can buy eggs online and Id pay you back" shes like " only if you have your incubator payed off by spring!" so Now Im getting down to buisness [​IMG] haha Im heading out to do 10 loads of wood (huge wood boiler loads) for 3 bucks a load) taking 30 dollers off my bill. Im Super Determained now!!! I got to get my some BO's [​IMG] haha.

I would have never though 1 little fuzzy butt would put this big of a effect on me [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. magoochie

magoochie Songster

Dec 26, 2010
    Grantsburg, WI
    I need some wood down at my place, just fireplace size. I'd throw you a few bucks! [​IMG] [​IMG]

Hubby said I could get my incubator after he builds the new coop this spring. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 22, 2011
  3. hannakat

hannakat Songster

Jun 5, 2010
    Beaver County, PA
    Go for it! It's wonderful to find something so worthwhile to be passionate about. It sounds like it won't be long before you're able to order those eggs!

Good luck!

4. adyhart1

adyhart1 Songster

Nov 21, 2010
    Waco, TX
    Quote:Keep it going!!!! Your doing a great job![​IMG]

5. happyhens44

happyhens44 BroodyAddict

Apr 25, 2010
    Northern WI
    Haha I got 5 loads done, But its below zero and im freezing, So im taking a break, and most likely do some dishes. [​IMG] so far $15 !!! yes!

6. happyhens44

happyhens44 BroodyAddict

Apr 25, 2010
    Northern WI
    Quote:Oh Sweet hope your coop, comes out awesome!

7. magoochie

magoochie Songster

Dec 26, 2010
    Grantsburg, WI
    Quote:Oh Sweet hope your coop, comes out awesome!

Thanks me too! Keep us posted on your eggs!

8. happyhens44

happyhens44 BroodyAddict

Apr 25, 2010
    Northern WI
    I put 9-10 eggs in the bator from my coop. The only thing is most like 3-4 are fertile, Stupid Roosters not very good at his job!

9. Baralak

Baralak Songster

I tell you something else you can do to make some money that is chicken related..

FIRST do you have any chickens that lay fertile eggs? If you do, contact your state vet and get NPIP Certified. After that, talk to some of the local feed stores, a lot of them will buy your chicks year round, as long as you don't over load them. Also what I do is a Craigs List post, but CL can be halfway unreliable. Mine that are due on the 30th are already sold.. Depending on your neck of the woods, you can get 1.50 - 2.00 a chick on CL, or 1.00-1.50 at a feed store. That away you keep that bator running 24/7.. If you have a Hova-Bator, that's around 60 bucks every 21 or so days. If you have Pure breeds, you can get a little more for them. Of course you have to be careful with chicken math at that time.

10. happyhens44

happyhens44 BroodyAddict

Apr 25, 2010
    Northern WI
    I tell you something else you can do to make some money that is chicken related..

FIRST do you have any chickens that lay fertile eggs? If you do, contact your state vet and get NPIP Certified. After that, talk to some of the local feed stores, a lot of them will buy your chicks year round, as long as you don't over load them. Also what I do is a Craigs List post, but CL can be halfway unreliable. Mine that are due on the 30th are already sold.. Depending on your neck of the woods, you can get 1.50 - 2.00 a chick on CL, or 1.00-1.50 at a feed store. That away you keep that bator running 24/7.. If you have a Hova-Bator, that's around 60 bucks every 21 or so days. If you have Pure breeds, you can get a little more for them. Of course you have to be careful with chicken math at that time.

I really like the idea, Beside my rooster barly ever fertilizes my eggs, Possibly 1 out of 6. I dont even know why I have him. I figure ill end up getting a roo and ill keep him and get rid of the 11 month one.

Oh btw, I talked by uncle into giving me 10 fertile eggs [​IMG] So I have eggs in the bator, this is my first time have eggs in the bator for the whole 21 day process, Other wise ive had one egg yesterday in the bator while it was almost ready to watch so I could watch it [​IMG]

But Im still going to work by butt of to get the bator payed for by spring If I want to buy BO's online [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 22, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by