Reading in this forum is costly!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by K&H Chicken Farm, Feb 20, 2008.

1. K&H Chicken Farm

K&H Chicken Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2008
    Redding CA
    I have been reading all the posts in this forum and found by self going over to Ebay and “just taking a look” at the incubators. Then I came back here to read some more, then over there to look some more….I am not sure when it happen but I bid on a incubator, but it has 4 more days to go……[​IMG]…..If I do not win then I am just going to have to find the best one I can afford and get it when the tax money comes in.

This area is highly contagious and should come with a reading label. Just 2 days ago I told my husband I do not want to mess with eggs, I would be happy enough helping the kids build there flock with chick orders…now I got eggitous![​IMG]

2. KKluckers

KKluckers Time Out

Sep 4, 2007
    I found this forum and did the same thing as you. Now I have tons of chickens and more on the way. My husband hated it at first and now he is telling me what chickens we need to get. I cant believe I didnt start raising chickens sooner than this. I was missing out on a lot. I think most everyone here is a enabler, so be careful [​IMG] Im almost a master now at hatching chicks. I have only turned my incubator off for a few day since I started in Sept. [​IMG]

3. KKluckers

KKluckers Time Out

Sep 4, 2007
    BTW welcome [​IMG]

4. kstaven

kstaven Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 26, 2007
    BC, Washington Border
    You turn your incubator OFF? [​IMG]

5. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

[​IMG]

Welcome to BYC. You are now....officially...ADDICTED!! MWAHAHAHAHA!! [​IMG] Go ahead...buy that incubator...you just KNOW how much " the kids" will love seeing baby chicks hatch... [​IMG]

6. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    K&H Chicken Farm :

I have been reading all the posts in this forum and found by self going over to Ebay and “just taking a look” at the incubators. Then I came back here to read some more, then over there to look some more….I am not sure when it happen but I bid on a incubator, but it has 4 more days to go……[​IMG]…..If I do not win then I am just going to have to find the best one I can afford and get it when the tax money comes in.

This area is highly contagious and should come with a reading label. Just 2 days ago I told my husband I do not want to mess with eggs, I would be happy enough helping the kids build there flock with chick orders…now I got eggitous![​IMG]

good! you derseve it! lol. I never ever thought about hatching eggs 2 years ago. after buying the bard rocks I went online to find a chicken forum and it was BYC ezboard as my first and only foum. I stumbled around on ebay and saw some eggs. then came my addicting egg hatching phase which I am still in​

7. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Welcome to BYC!! Your fun....and stress.... will begin when you put those first eggs in the incubator!! [​IMG]

P.S. Lots of people on here have hatching eggs to sell!!

Last edited: Feb 21, 2008
  8. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    Welcome and you've started something that is hard to stop! lol I keep saying after this hatch I'm stopping for awhile! My incubator has been running since last august.....

9. K&H Chicken Farm

K&H Chicken Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2008
    Redding CA
    LOL Thanks everyone for the welcome.

YA I told my DH that every incubator came with a free puggish nose job. I am even giving up my little 5 gal fish tank so I have a table to put it on in the front room. (I still have a 55gal and a 40 so I am not really doing with out) I can not wait to get started!

10. does any one allow the hens to hatch eggs anymore? I have a hen that i have to almost fight to get off the nest and remove the eggs. I just pick her up and remove the eggs then set her back down on the nest.fanned tail and ruffled feathers but no eggs.

Owned by 12 RIR,1 pitt bull 1 poodle mix.1 yorkie,1 crabby gray cat and 1 great dane

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by