Reading Peacocks

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by EmptyNest, Feb 1, 2008.

1. EmptyNest

EmptyNest Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2008
    SW Iowa
    Even though they had 12 acres to roam on, they always wanted to be on the front porch.

[​IMG]

2. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

It's because they know you are food!

3. countrygirl4513

countrygirl4513 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    Portland TN
    Oh how pretty!!!!! I'd give my DH's left foot for a couple of those beauty's!!!!!

4. Chirpy

Chirpy Balderdash

May 24, 2007
    Colorado
    I have so much glare on my computer screen I can hardly see but I know I love the picture... those are all boys?

My DH actually asked me about having some... I'd love to know how you take care of them...

How do you take care of them? What do you feed them? Where do they roost at night? I've always loved peacocks.

5. EmptyNest

EmptyNest Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2008
    SW Iowa
    Those are actually all hens. I sold all my peacocks about a year ago. At the time, I didn't have a pen for them and they were becoming a problem. They roosted in the trees, on the roof, on my sons' trucks [​IMG], etc. and they were very fond of my flowers. In the future, I would like to get some again but would definitely keep them penned.

This picture shows a picture of a peahen and peacock.
    [​IMG]

6. Nick

Nick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2008
    Mullica Hill, NJ
    Quote:That's because they are admiring the picture of the peacock on the sign...[​IMG]

7. flyingmonkeypoop

flyingmonkeypoop Overrun With Chickens

Apr 30, 2007
    Deer Park Washington
    Our peafowl (a trio) always like to sit on the porch also. Our porch is maybe 6 sq. feet or so, and the 4 steps. When yo get home and try to get in, they pop at you, or just sit there and dont let you by, and they leave 'gifts' for everyone to step in, lol.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by