Reading so many books on standards is confusing me what I really have.

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by 202roosterlane, Jun 29, 2011.

1. 202roosterlane

202roosterlane Happy Hen on a Harley

Feb 24, 2011
    Central Arkansas
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/web/viewblog.php?id=80874-my-chicks-and-roos

Hi everyone, I just plain feel goofy but I thought I knew what I had but then reading all these standards books with toe color and feather colors etc, I think I have changed my mind 5 time in 6 months LOL If you have a moment would you check out my page attached above and tell me if you think I have it right? Thank you sooooo much![​IMG]

2. akcountrygrrl

akcountrygrrl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2010
    Nenana, AK
    Mac looks to me to be an Ancona or Exchequer Leghorn pullet
    I think you're right on the next 6 birds
    Dubby looks to me to be a dark Cornish possibly a pullet
    Tony looks like a buff Orpington cross pullet
    Billy is a white frizzled Cochin cockerel
    Belle is a red frizzled Cochin pullet
    Not sure on Cher and Chasity but they are white crested blue Polish. They don't look as old as the others.
    The last one is a silver laced Cochin cockerel.
    Lovely little flock!!!

3. 202roosterlane

202roosterlane Happy Hen on a Harley

Feb 24, 2011
    Central Arkansas
    Quote:Wow! Thank you so much! It really is hard when the chicken's feathers are correct and the legs are the wrong color. Or the comb is wrong but everything else is correct. But aleast it got me reading lots of books and mags and BYC to learn. Thanks again. [​IMG]

4. akcountrygrrl

akcountrygrrl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2010
    Nenana, AK
    Happy I could help. [​IMG] It can get pretty confusing particularly with the color varieties being similar through the different breeds and some of the breeds having similar body types. But there's lots of knowledgeable folks here who can help you sort through it all.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by