Reading Wands for Xmas Your opinions please!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by EweSheep, Nov 14, 2009.

1. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Hubby and I are not sure what or which reading wand for our 5 year old DD who started K this year.
    Leap Frog reading wand and books OR that Worm reading wand (I dont remember the name right off hand).

The Worm wand, would be the only disadvantage because DD loves to remove stuff so that little memory stick would be out of the question. However we wanted your opinions on those things.

It would save me some time doing some face to face reading when my voice goes hoarse after 15 minutes of reading to her. But she loves to read for hours if we let her LOL!

2. mamagardener

mamagardener Chillin' With My Peeps

my 2 older ones had the leappad when they were younger. Neither one of them used it that much, but I have a nephew who would sit for hours playing with it, and he learned to read from it. When he went to kindergarten he could already read thanks to his leappad.

3. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    I've personally avoided those kind of things, I taught my daughter to read over the summer using the hooked on phonics set, she'll sit now and try sound out words and things like that. I read to her when the book is too difficult for her - but she'll try almost any word.

Perhaps you could try reading some books and record them, with a little bell on page turns etc.... kids love that !

4. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Great idea! I remember those things when I was in school! (bell sounding to turn pages). DING!

5. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    Quote:We had vinyl records............ [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Yep we had those LOL!

7. agnes_day

agnes_day Chillin' With My Peeps