Ready for a laugh?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by MissMonty, Mar 4, 2017.

1. MissMonty

MissMonty Out Of The Brooder

Sep 12, 2015
    Dayton, OH
    So I recently got chicks and ducklings. Well their water was always very nasty no matter how often I changed it. So I took advice from some other members here and decided to try to put the waters on top of paver stones.

So I ask my husband to grab one out of the barn and put it in the cage to help keep the water clean. I told him if he could find a smaller piece that would be fine and that we probably only needed about half of one.

Well I came home from work that day to find this in the brooder.....

[​IMG]

He then proceeds to tell me that he had no idea why I would think a rock would discourage the chicks from making their water nasty.

Oh husbands :p

2 people like this.
  2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    "Communication" is of the essence.

3. Mr Pink

Mr Pink Chillin' With My Peeps

LOL That is a Do It Yourself kit ... Have to crush it down and glue it back together as a paver !

4. BY Bob

BY Bob Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2016
    Hershey, PA
    Thanks for the laugh. Communication is essential. We think we are being clear, but something gets lost on the way. :lau

5. MissMonty

MissMonty Out Of The Brooder

Sep 12, 2015
    Dayton, OH

I really wonder what my husband was really thinking when I originally told him. Based on the clear misunderstanding we had I am going to have to assume he thought I was off my rocker when I told him!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by