Ready for our babies! Just couldn't wait!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by kkidsmom, Feb 18, 2013.

1. kkidsmom

kkidsmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2013
    East Texas
    So we have 10 pullets and 1 roo on order, due to arrive this Thursday. Last week I just couldn't wait any longer so while in a feed store picking up supplies, I picked up two buff orpington chicks. Lol. They are so precious. The brooder was ready and I hadn't ordered any orpington chicks, so I figured why not?

So their names are chicky pooh and nails. I am looking forward to out little flock arriving and I want to thank everyone for their informative posts.

I am from North East Texas. Mother to six, grandmother to three with one on the way, wife to Darion.

Paula

2. DDNONIN2016

DDNONIN2016 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2012
    SW Ohio
    Babies !!! How exciting for you. Nothing like those little peeps to steal your heart. Welcome from Ohio...so glad you joined BYC. Please post some pics of your new chicks

3. thasista

thasista Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2011
    KY
    My Coop
    Hi from KY!
    I love babies!!!

[​IMG]

4. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

5. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Welcome to BYC, and good luck with your chicks.

6. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    Hi and welcome to BYC from northern Michigan [​IMG]

7. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Paula, and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined us! Best of luck to you and your baby chicks!!! Make sure you visit the baby chicks thread below - best of luck and enjoy your new babies!!

8. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Glad you joined us.

9. kkidsmom

kkidsmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2013
    East Texas
    Well our babies arrived. My brother and I ordered 28 chicks from Ideal poultry. I ordered in pairs except my roo. He ordered didn't. It took us an hour and half to sort them and we have no idea how close we came to right. LOL

Brother ordered 1 Dominque, a production red male, 2 Americuana pullets 1 male, 3 silkies (the only ones we knew for certain), 1 california white which we could also pick out with reasonable certainty, 3 Red production, a black production, a buff orpington, a white leghorn, buff leghorn, ideal 236 pullet,

I ordered 2 Black Jersey Giants, 2 Dominiques, 2 Barred Plymoth Rocks, 2 Rhode Island Reds, and 2 Americuanas, and one light brown leghorn roo.

I also have my two buff orpington's from the feed store. Let's see if I can post some pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] We thought this might be my roo. But I think it my be my brother's roo instead. Dark feet.

[​IMG] Rhode Island Red??

[​IMG] Ameruacana??

[​IMG] Ameruacana?? I am wondering if we got these right?

[​IMG]Same chick as the next one.

[​IMG] Barred Rock??

[​IMG]Same chick as below.

[​IMG]Black Jersey

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by