Ready made backyard flock looking for a backyard to call their own :)

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Godiva, Jan 4, 2009.

1. Godiva

Godiva Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2007
    Colorado
    I have 7 pullets and one roo looking for a backyard that wants some pretty mixed breeds. These birds are mixes from SLW, BO and Australorp hens with a mixed roos. I know the mothers were all pretty good layers. I hatched these under one of my broodies and in my incubator. They seem really healthy, they are 13+ weeks old so should start laying in about a month and a half - they might start earlier being mixed breeds, but I am not giving any guarantees! I have them in a chicken tractor and they sure love scratching around and seem to really economical eaters. Compared to my other chickens (large cochins, BO and others) they really don't go through the feed very fast. I had high hopes for these as part of my free ranging laying flock but we just have way too many birds and I have to downsize. SO, I was thinking to ask $7 per pullet and $5 for the roo. If you get them all I'll give them to you for $45. Will add pics tomorrow. PM if interested. I only do pickup - no shipping. Near McConnells SC. THanks

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by