ready or not... we're expecting!!! UPDATE!! with pic!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by sdshoars, Dec 13, 2008.

1. sdshoars

sdshoars Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2008
    Texas
    we're expecting!!! i can now join the .1% that conceives while on birth control... lol. we are shocked, scared, but happy all at once. we just wanted to wait like 5 more years to do this, but i guess when God is ready, then so are we! we are going to wait until the first trimester is over to tell everyone, but wow!

Last edited: Dec 19, 2008
  2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!! It seems everyone concieves in the winter months.....

3. amyquilt

amyquilt Serama Mama

May 17, 2008
    Amarillo, TX
    Congratulations, Mama!

4. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    [​IMG] congratulations!!!!! I have 3 birth control babies. [​IMG] It actually makes me MORE fertile (so be careful after this one gets here). Trust me, you don't have to be ready. You wil get ready as you go along!!! Enjoy your pregnancy. [​IMG]

5. sdshoars

sdshoars Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2008
    Texas
    haha, when i took the first test, i was like, no way. so i took another. then i cried. i think i cried all day yesterday. but i am nearly ok with it now... i have to find a new dr. tho, which totally sucks. the only dr.s are 2 hours away, and i hate that first visit. and i have no clue how to tell my boss, lol. lordie me. i sound like i dont want the baby at all, but i do trust me. i am just a kid myself, lol! i just turned 22!

6. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Quote:It doesn't make you sound like you don't want the baby. [​IMG] Many have had all those feelings and more. When I sat there holding my 7 month old and controlling my 3 year old and they told me I was pregnant I said "are you sure it isn't just uterine cancer or something". [​IMG]

7. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Congrats! When's the hatch date?[​IMG]

8. YAY, another baby here on BYC! CONGRATS! [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 13, 2008
  9. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    Congratulations!

10. Dandelion007

Dandelion007 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 7, 2008
    Durant, OK
    That's why God created "bonding" time with mothers and their babies. When you hold your baby for the first, everything changes.

Maybe that's why the people on this forum are so addicted to animals... Those moments are magical. It's what's life is all about!

Congrats.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by