Ready, Set, INCUBATE! Here I Go Again....UH, OH, Maybe Not!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by speckledhen, Jun 19, 2008.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Well, IF the P.O. doesn't lose my eggs.... I received my heritage Delawares yesterday. My Blue/Black/Splash Orps from my own girls, 14 of them, went in the Hovabator today with the Delawares. My box of BBS and Buff Orps from Washington State that was supposed to be here today isn't here. In fact, tracking says it arrived in a city it shouldn't even have gone through this morning! [​IMG] Should go to Athens, Ga. then to Blairsville and be trucked here to my town. Well, they are in DOUGLASVILLE, about 3 or more hours away. Why? [​IMG] My mail carrier was even stumped. So, I hope they'll arrive tomorrow and my hatch will only be slightly staggered.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2008
  2. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    [​IMG] [​IMG] Hatching is addictive!!!!!!!!!!![​IMG]

3. speckledhen

Yuppers, it sure is, LOL! Actually, all the ones from my own flock are for selling, not keeping. I have two people already who want them locally. The ones from Chris are for new blood for the gene pool and the Delawares are to convince me that they aren't all vampires! No hatchery blood in these. Cant wait!

4. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Good luck with your hatch!

After next week I'm done until early fall so I'll have hatch vicariously thru the rest of you.

This morning I've got 5 BBS orps and 5 blue rocks hatched and some more are pipped. They're so cute!

5. shmooborp

shmooborp artistic fowlism

i know what u mean.. lol... this is my second hatch.. and i have 2 bators going.. one with chickens and the other has ... DUCKS,,,, AHHH!! i think i have this hatching thing bad... reeeaaallyy bad.. [​IMG]

6. KKluckers

KKluckers Time Out

Sep 4, 2007
    I hope they get there soon Cyn. Dang PO.....always seems like there is problems from your place to mine or my place to yours. At least you should get them tomorrow and not eight days later [​IMG]

7. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Woot! We are hatching buddies! Good luck, Cyn!

8. peruvian_princess

peruvian_princess Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2008
    Fayetteville, Georgia
    Good luck speckledhen! I am about to start my second hatch tomorrow! I am hatching silkies, wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, Blue salmon/salmon faverolles! Happy hatching!

9. speckledhen

Chris, the first time I sent eggs to you, it took 2 days. Guess that was our one good time, huh?

10. KKluckers

KKluckers Time Out

Sep 4, 2007
    Quote:The first time just took two days. I think they were just trying to bait me by making me think the next ones would take two days too. Thats the PO for you LOL.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by