Ready to jump in!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Firefighter Chick, May 8, 2011.

1. Firefighter Chick

Firefighter Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2011
    Southeast Minnesota
    Hello everyone! I'm jumping into the world of chicken keeping this thursday when my 50 buff orpington chicks arrive. I'm getting really excited! We moved onto a five acre hobby farm with an old chicken coop. My husband is a manager of a pole shed company so we insulated the coop and put matching steel on the coop to match our pole shed. The coop is 12ftx20ft. I'll let everyone know how it goes!

2. mommas_got_peeps

mommas_got_peeps Out Of The Brooder

Apr 8, 2011
    Hocking county Ohio
    Wow 50 Chicks [​IMG] !!! That's a heapin big "hobby". [​IMG] Keep us posted on babies arrivals! Have fun!

3. eenie114

eenie114 Completly Hopeless

Welcome!

[​IMG] F-i-f-t-y B-u-f-f O-r-p-i-n-g-t-o-n-s, what does that spell? JEALOUS! [​IMG]

4. Firefighter Chick

Firefighter Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2011
    Southeast Minnesota
    well, the order started out at a more reasonable 20 but my inlaws stated they wanted to buy some to eat when they were at butchering age...so it didn't take much prodding to order more. We will keep some females for eggs. I just hope I wouldn't get too attached before the dinner bell started ringing. I'm getting a straight run. I'll probably be asking a lot more questions come thursday through this coming weekend.

5. KlaHaYa Gardens

KlaHaYa Gardens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2011
    Welcome! [​IMG]

Since you have 50!! It shouldn't be hard to pick the gentlest, the broodiest, or the "goldest" and award winners without inviting any other BOs to join the contest. [​IMG]

6. Luckytaz

Luckytaz Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2010
    Rogers, Mn.
    Welcome, from Minnesota.

7. Desert Rooster

Desert Rooster El Gallo Del Desierto

Sep 4, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca
    Hello [​IMG] from Hesperia,CA and [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. JulieNKC

JulieNKC Overrun With Chickens

Sep 25, 2010
    Kansas City
    [​IMG]
    Buff orps are great, you'll love them. My BO roo attacked my kid though, so he made it rather easy for me to do away with him.

9. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Buff Orpingtons are a great choice. Congrats [​IMG]

10. MSDeb

MSDeb Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome to BYC, glad you decided to join us. Good luck with your birds.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by