Ready to lay??

chicksinthemachine

Songster
11 Years
Jul 8, 2008
Henley,MO
Woke up this morning to a very red faced hen with an attitude to the rest of the flock and me! she is normally very easy going so my ? is she getting ready to lay for me? She is also going around the nest box a lot this morning I have 2 fake eggs in there and someone has made a nice little nest around them this time. Usually they just throw the straw everywhere but not this time. Good signs right?

Sounds like it is getting time for the girl to lay! Sounds like she is just trying out the nest and getting adjusted to the whole "hen thing" lol!

My red star is almost 20 weeks now and she is squatting and acting weird. She is the only one of the bunch that looks like she is almost full grown. We keep checking for signs of eggs. Golf balls still lonely in the nest boxes.

My 13 week old girls have just started getting red in the face I noticed too. I'm hoping in the next few weeks they will start to lay
fl.gif
Good luck with yours!

None bright and earlly this morning going to go outside and spend some time with them and check again. Fingers crossed I want to show everyone what my girls have done for me!

Back
Top Bottom