Ready to meet others who adore their pet chickens :D

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Snob Doctor, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Snob Doctor

Snob Doctor Out Of The Brooder

Feb 3, 2013
    Central New York
    I could talk about my little flock all day, but can rarely find anyone interested in listening :p let's be friends!

2. Melabella

Melabella Overrun With Chickens

Jun 2, 2011
    [​IMG]To BYC! I am a total newcomer to chickens and have a 27 week old small flock from a July 23rd hatch. I ordered 10 females from Meyer Hatchery, but one ended up to be a roo. It's actually turned out to be a good thing, as I do free range them, and he watches over them quite intently. I have 5 different breeds, 2 each. 2 red sex link, 2 barred rock, 2 columbian wyandotte and 2 black australorp.

I got my first egg on New Year's Eve, and have had a steady flow since, even had my first 8 egg day the other day. I have one last hold out not laying,, but that is ok, the other's are making up for it!

Welcome again to the world of BYC, and nice to have you

MB
    [​IMG]

3. Snob Doctor

Feb 3, 2013
    Central New York
    Thank you! I've been looking for a beautiful black chicken like the one in your picture :) my flock consists of a leghorn, three leghorn/road island red mixes, one big white Wyandotte, a beautiful Americauna (sp?) rooster, and a pink rescued silkie that turned out to be a little rooster :p they are all such silly little characters! Sadly, my lovely white Orpington died the other night from some confusing illness, which is what brought me here- trying to find out what it was :/
    My name is Mallory, It's very nice to meet you!

4. clfromok

clfromok Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 29, 2012
    Hastings Ok
    Welcome! Yes we're all a little nutty about our flocks. I get the same thing from people that don't have chickens. I start talking about how funny they are & the different personalities & they(the humans) get this glazed look on their face & probably think I'm crazy!

Im pretty new to raising chickens & have learned SO MUCH from BYC'ers. Love finding people with knowledge & advice & understand my crazy about chicken talk.

5. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Snob Doctor, and [​IMG]! Happy you joined us!! You will find lots of like-minded people here who share our obsession. Good luck to you and have fun!

6. Snob Doctor

Feb 3, 2013
    Central New York
    Thank you! I feel so at home already :p I'm the only chicken enthusiast I know. My flock is pretty new... I started with one very important loveable silly lone chicken who survived quite a few traumas, my special survivor <3 before she died and broke my heart last december, she turned me on to chicken collecting and I built my flock of misfits around her :) I've learned soooooo much from my chickens, and I'm really very excited to learn more :D My obsession with chickens is weird and random, but I can't help it- I'm hooked :)

I'm thrilled to be around so many fellow chicken lovers, thank you for the warm welcomes!

7. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

8. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Welcome to BYC. You've come to the right place.

9. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    Hi and welcome to BYC from northern Michigan :D

I only have one local "chicken friend" so BYC has been great for visiting with other chicken keepers

10. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Glad you joined us.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by