Real Men Wear Skin Lotion.....right?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Lunachick, Jan 12, 2011.

1. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    And if you do, what kind is it? I'm trying to get DH to put that stuff on, and it's just not part of his routine! Meanwhile he's flaking away - I actually showed him: I shaved his head for him, then put a large dab of (girly [​IMG]) lotion on my hand and rubbed it into his head and face. He said he loved it, but does not do it himself in the morning......or I have to remind him that this time of the year you're skin is drying out, put some lotion on!

Doesn't a guy want to look "non flakey" for his wifey? [​IMG]

2. mississippifarmboy

mississippifarmboy collects slightly damaged strays Premium Member

It's not that we don't like it... we just like for ya'll to put it on for us. [​IMG]

oh yeah, and nothing that smells girly, the guys give us to much trouble for that. [​IMG]

3. SillyChicken

SillyChicken Overrun With Chickens

Jan 12, 2010
    yes they do....

We use Aveno healing lotion w/aloe - works great! (great for cancer patients with skin burns too)

Also use bag balm.

4. kla37

kla37 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2010
    Hillsborough, NC USA
    It is a lot nicer to look at a man who doesn't look like he has dandruff all over his body.

5. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    My DH won't. I hold him down and rub some on his bald head.

6. magoochie

magoochie Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 26, 2010
    Grantsburg, WI
    Lubriderm also doesnt smell girly. Same with Aveeno.

7. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    Quote:There you go! [​IMG] AND it shows that they care what they look like. [​IMG]

8. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    Quote:Be careful, like mississippifarmboy said....he might just depend on you to do that.......everyday

9. Yard full o' rocks

Yard full o' rocks Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2009
    Cartersville, Georgia
    I shave my head and fight dry skin too. I using Cetaphil...very little smell and a little goes a long way.

Got tired of being so "manly" that my skin was cracked and bleeding....feels much better. A humidifier in the house helps too [​IMG]

10. mississippifarmboy

mississippifarmboy collects slightly damaged strays Premium Member

Yard full o' rocks :

I shave my head and fight dry skin too. I using Cetaphil...very little smell and a little goes a long way.

Got tired of being so "manly" that my skin was cracked and bleeding....feels much better. A humidifier in the house helps too [​IMG]

Yard full o' rocks, you do realize you're making the rest of us look bad don't ya?​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by