real mixed bag!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by spaceranger, Aug 20, 2011.

1. spaceranger

spaceranger Out Of The Brooder

Aug 3, 2011
    Hi
    I posted a few pics in baby chick section to see if people could help me identify my chicks but thought i'd try here with a few extra photo's!

I think these two are pekin possibly hens but as only 2 weeks thats just a rough guess

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

then these two are Polish? no idea on sex though!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

then there is Polly who has been brooded indoors after the pekin hens attacked her just after hatching, polly is 3 days younger than the rest but HUGE compared and not as feathered on the legs as well as having a prominent pink comb so my guess is a Roo but no idea if its a pekin (cochin)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

so any ideas?

thanks
    [​IMG]

2. little blue

little blue Chillin' with my Orps

Jul 11, 2010
    Mansfield, CT
    well i agree with you that the first two are girls but being s o young it is hard to tell and then the black one looks roo but he is still young to i do not know what breed they are though

3. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Too young and too blurry of photos to tell gender.

Your guesses on breed though are right [​IMG]

4. spaceranger

Aug 3, 2011
    Not really looking for gender to be honest just an idea of what polly is breed wise, she/he seems far too large to be a pekin (cochin).

5. pdsavage

pdsavage Sussex Monarch

Mar 27, 2008
    NW,Missouri
    Quote:Well there is large fowl cochins and bantam cochins,so my guess would be large fowl cochin.

6. spaceranger

Aug 3, 2011
    Hiya the breeder only has bantam breeds so maybe Polly is just big for his age lol!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by