Real quick genetics question

allanimals21

Songster
10 Years
Aug 27, 2009
MN
So peafowl genetics are way beyond my brain capacity I swear. My question is what can I get out of a trio that consists of India Blue Pied cock, BS hen, and India Blue hen? How do I end up with more pieds?

India blue pied x blue hen = all blue chicks some split white(white flight feathers) some split pied

India blue pied x blue hen = all blue chicks ,all split BS some split white some split pied

Now thats if either parent is not split ,

white hen to ur male or a pied will give u more pieds...

or if you breed your chicks, pair one with white flights, and one without any white flights those will give you some pied.

I just had one chick hatch last night. I will have to get a pic of it up here so you guys can tell me what you think. I have 2 extra BS hens that I bought and then one white that I think is going to end up a male. I will get pics of that one too. I noticed the other day my India Blue hen looks like she has a white flight feather in her one wing. Does that make sense? She's like 4 1/2 years old and I just seemed to notice it the other day.

If she has white flight she is split white ,or darkpied and in both cases you will get pied chick with your male

Back
Top Bottom