REAL Thai Peanut Sauce?

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by Squishy, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Squishy

Squishy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2011
    Florida
    Now that I've finally figured out the Fried Chicken.... it needs a better companion.

I LOVE Thai restaurants Peanut Sauce... I LOOOOOOVE it! [​IMG]

BUT... when I have tried internet recipes in the past..... it's not anywhere near the same. Also bought several different brands of jarred "Peanut Sauce" (HA! Yeah right!) from various grocery stores... not up to par.

The store bought is over-the-top-spicy, lacking in peanut flavor, with a different texture that makes me think a prime ingredient is water and probably some corn syrup too.

The many internet recipes I have found and tried, all involve melting down Peanut Butter in a pot and mixing a few spices in.. sometimes even milk?? [​IMG]

MAIN problem with them... is once the sauce is no longer HOT.. it re-solidifies into a clumpy gooey mess you cant dip anything in. [​IMG]

I've tried experimenting with other "extenders" but still have unsatisfying results.

Does anyone have or know where I could find a REAL recipe for the REAL thing??!!

The Thai Peanut Sauce I love so much... has such a beautiful texture. Sometimes I wished I could order a bowl of it and eat it straight with a spoon, LOLOL!
    There is a hefty layer of oil on the top of it, even in tiny side-dish bowls.. with the sauce of such a thickness that when recently stirred, the oil will stay mixed in. Yet the sauce has a creamy texture to it (Not taste!) that is easy to dip in and coat whatever you are dipping. No chunks!
    Most of all... there is true, strong Peanut flavor throughout the sauce. Peanuts is the strongest flavor!
    Some spicyness is there. Its pleasant spicyness, not over-powering the Peanuts, but just enough to add life to it.

Anyone know where to find it??!! [​IMG] PWEASE!!!! [​IMG]

2. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Dont think i have ever had it...
    Look forward to a recipe that i can try... [​IMG]

3. Squishy

Squishy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2011
    Florida
    Bumping this up to see if someone who knows might have missed it! [​IMG] I can hope anyway! [​IMG]

4. bigmike&nan

bigmike&nan Chillin' With My Peeps

Last edited: Jan 9, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by