I've been doing deep litter method and decided it was about time to clean it out and replace with some new shavings. So, on Thursday (2 days ago) I took all the poopy shavings, got them wet and mixed them with some cool compost. I mixed it all up and let it sit. I wasn't expecting much to happen since last time I did this nothing exciting happened. Well, I went out today to check on it and when I stuck a pitchfork inside I saw steam. I grabbed my thermometer and stuck it in to see this: Well, the good news is that my poopy shavings should turn to compost much faster than I expected. The bad news.... all the tons of worms my chickens were looking forward to eating are probably cooked and/or moved out of the compost.