1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Really an Ameracauna?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Gypsy Blue, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Gypsy Blue

Gypsy Blue Out Of The Brooder

Mar 19, 2013
    Mexico, NY
    Ok so go this beautiful little girl from our local farm store... said it was an ameracauna. I've seen a lot of EE's posed as Ameracauna so I'm wondering from the experts if she really is. Meet Scruffy... her sister is Nerfherder [​IMG] She has fluffy cheeks and her feet are an orangey yellow. She looks like she has bed head all the time since her speckles and swirls are going all over lol..
    [​IMG]

Ain't she puuuurrty? But the question is... is she Ameracauna. And I probably butchered the spelling of that so I'll apologize now :)

2. TOP KNOT

TOP KNOT Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2013
    SHERIDAN IL
    I would say yes

3. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    She has fluffy cheeks and her feet are an orangey yellow

The color of her legs say it all Ameraucanas have grey legs and pink feet bottoms

2 people like this.
  4. NJchixs

NJchixs Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2012
    Jackson, NJ
    Very cute EE [​IMG]

5. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012
    [​IMG]Agreed

6. Gypsy Blue

Gypsy Blue Out Of The Brooder

Mar 19, 2013
    Mexico, NY
    [​IMG] LOL well I figured as much, ah well, like NJChixs said, she's a very cute EE and my fave. And hey, I still get pretty eggs!

7. Chickenfan4life

Chickenfan4life Overrun With Chickens

Aug 28, 2012
    Planet No
    She is an EE, because Ameraucanas, like ramirezframing said, only have slate legs and pink feet. She is such a cutie!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by