Really. Awkward. Moments.

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by whiteflare, May 13, 2011.

1. whiteflare

whiteflare Out of the blue

Mar 13, 2011
    Sydney
    I hate them! And I've just had one! These things positively make me cringe every time I think about them [​IMG]

Earlier, I was telling a bunch of classmates about a movie I'd seen recently. They didn't seem to understand anything that was going on.

It was only just a moment ago that I realise I'd gotten the name of the movie wrong and had been describing one that doesn't even exist. [​IMG]

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

[​IMG] Been there done that!!

3. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    [​IMG]

Kind of like me trying to explain why this picture cracks me up on so may levels, but is an actual product for sale........

4. Coopa Cabana

Coopa Cabana My Coop Runneth Over . . .

Aug 30, 2009
    Colorado
    My Coop
    I found myself in the middle of a debate on Mother's Day . . . with my Mother (who is my natural birth Mother) . . . over what hospital I was born in! Gees - why wouldn't I be correct - I was there too! Can't believe I've been wrong these past 50+ years - gotta dig out my birth certificate!

5. whiteflare

whiteflare Out of the blue

Mar 13, 2011
    Sydney
    [​IMG] That picture is actually kind of funny ....

6. Iowa Roo Mom

Iowa Roo Mom Resistance Is Futile

Apr 30, 2009
    Keokuk County
    I was having dinner with SO and his mother at a restaurant, and I causally mentioned that I was going to stop taking my metformin for a week to see if it improved my random bouts of nausea. Never missing a beat, SO's mother asked, "Honey, are you pregnant?"

[​IMG]

I felt like everyone in the entire restaurant stopped what they were doing and just starred at me.

(Needless to say it was the medicine, NO I am NOT pregnant!)

7. Squishy

Squishy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2011
    Florida
    I am immune to embarassment. Truly, truly.
    I was always very easily embarassed around others.. even without them knowing it... and then..
    I just... became immune.
    Sounds odd.. but there is only so much of something a person takes before it just doesen't matter anymore.
    Now, when things happen to me that would embarass *anyone*... I don't feel the feeling that my brain says I should be feeling. [​IMG]

Thus, how I can admit to everyone here on BYC the strangest things... including that I went shopping with my mother some months ago, and got out of the car and was walking through the parking lot before I realised I was wearing my super fluffy pink house slippers.

8. Kansaseq

Kansaseq Prairie Wolf Farm Asylum

Feb 12, 2009
    NE Kansas
    Quote:Were you shopping in Walmart????

9. dkvart1

dkvart1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2010
    Quote:Were you shopping in Walmart????

Too funny, you two nearly made me choke on my coffee!

10. Squishy

Squishy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2011
    Florida
    [​IMG]

I was walking towards the Barnes & Noble [​IMG]

The shopping center also contained a Bed Bath & Beyond, Petco, and a shoe store. Yes.. mother tried to drag me into the shoe store... but it was a fussy shoe store.. and I told her I'm not paying $80 just to save people a laugh at my expense!

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by