Really bored!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by The Red Rooster, Sep 17, 2011.

1. The Red Rooster

The Red Rooster Poultry Observer

Rainy cold day + nothing to do = bored... any pictures of chickens/stories?

2. Ole and Lena

Ole and Lena Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2011
    Wright Co Minnesota
    Didn't get a picture, happened too fast but today one of my roosters tried to chase our quarter horse away from a particularly seedy hay flake I threw into the pasture this morning. He ruffled up, flapped his wings and squawked a bit. Hey, it chases the other chickens away from his corncobs right? He's going in the roaster tonight. If he'd try to take on a horse, he's too rough for my chickens. Horse just booted him like a football. No harm done but I think the other chickens watching learned a lesson.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2011
  3. al6517

al6517 Real Men can Cook

May 13, 2008
    Raining a bit here too but not cold and maybe just a little bored, but some good a good footbal game fixin to start so it's lookin up and the beer I believe is getting chilled to just about right LOL.

4. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    PLENTY to do here! Come on over I've got wood needs splitting, apples to cut and core for making apple juice and apple sauce, a coop that could sue mucking etc etc etc [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. StupidBird

StupidBird Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    GA
    [​IMG] see, I have this life long fear of ever saying "I'm bored" out loud - parents always come up with something to "cure" that!

6. sheila3935

sheila3935 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    Stonington, illinois
    its chilly and rainy here today too, so I am going to bake. Havent been able to all summer so now that its cooled down time to get my baking on.
    sorry about the typos hard to type with an 80lb lab sitting on your lap shoving your arm up every few seconds to be petted

Last edited: Sep 18, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by