Really confused please help with breed

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by tingle, Apr 17, 2009.

1. tingle

tingle Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2009
    Merseyside
    Hi I bought some eggs at auction,white and blue silkie,silver laced wyandotte to name a few but you know how it is with the confusion at hatching time trying to keep track of whats hatching,my quandry is this little chap came out of an egg that was marked blue silkie I am positive!I know its not a silkie but never hatched silver laced wyandottes before I dont know if its a wyandotte the gold coloring is confusing me Any ideas on breed?he is the second chick from the left[​IMG][​IMG]

2. Appaloosa Hill Farm

Appaloosa Hill Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2009
    Southern Middle TN
    Hmm...well, it looks nothing like my slw chicks. They were mostly black. I don't know what it is, but it's certainly beautiful!

3. tingle

tingle Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2009
    Merseyside
    Quote:Thanks he is so proud,guess I will have to wait for the other slw to hatch and compare,I also have some shamo eggs I bought from a breeder 2 lovely yellow and a blue chick hatched then another identical yellow came out of a white silkie egg or so I thought I hope I havnt got them mixed up I will ry to post some pictures of the shamo quandry meanwhile I am still looking for someone to identify the supposedly slw.the picture underneath is him side on

4. Appaloosa Hill Farm

Appaloosa Hill Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2009
    Southern Middle TN
    Here's the link to FeatherSite and their pictures of Wyandotte chicks (at the bottom of the page). The first pic of slw chicks, now that's what mine looked like at that age. The next pic of a slw chick, however, is considerably lighter! Your little guy could be a slw, just a very light variation of chick coloring! I do so love a good mystery. [​IMG]

ETA: I guess the link would help, huh? [​IMG] http://www.feathersite.com/Poultry/CGP/Wyand/BRKWyand.html

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by